If you experience a catastrophic accident, things can get costly… and fast. That’s where your ERIE agent and ERIE’s Business Umbrella Policy can help.
Why Do I Need a Business Umbrella Policy?
This specialized policy can kick in with extra financial protection against a legal judgment for a covered loss. Business umbrella liability offers a cushion above and beyond the limits of your commercial general liability, professional liability, business auto liability and employer’s liability insurance.
Business umbrella insurance could help you when facing a serious and costly claim, for example:
- One of your drivers causes a very serious accident and a suit is filed against your business.
- A fire starts at your owned location and damages several other buildings in the surrounding area. A suit is filed against your business for the resulting damage.
- Your business gets sued because a customer is injured by a product he or she purchased through your business.
- A competitor claims you made false or malicious statements about their business in public or in an advertisement and decides to take legal action.
What Erie Insurance Offers
ERIE’s Business Umbrella coverage offers your business $1 million or more of extra protection above your primary Erie Insurance policy’s liability coverage.
ERIE’s business policies also give you access to a variety of resources including:
- Coverage for legal costs to defend a covered claim.
- Assistance from a risk control consultant who can recommend measures to help you identify, manage and reduce your business’s risks
- Access to online disaster planning and business continuity tools through the Institute for Business and Home Safety’s “Open for Business” program.
Retrieved from: https://www.erieinsurance.com/blog/business-liability